This technology has brought tremendous benefits when applied to vessel as builts, repairs, modifications and assemblies. In naval architecture and marine engineering 3D Technology is used to help design, construct and install various on-board systems. It provides designers and planners a tremendous tool for collecting accurate documentation and to create precise 3D models of the actual vessel configuration.
This data is available long term and in selectable level of detail. They also allow for diverse usage in shipbuilding applications such as:
- Digitizing and upgrading complex entities such as shipyards, ship hulls, engine rooms, electrical systems and piping;
- Aiding ship design, construction and assembly;
- Assisting repair and inspection activities;
- Producing volume calculations of engine rooms for retrofitting purposes;
- Improved quality inspections and clash detection during installations.